Last weekend after feeling a bit drained by media coverage of the Boston bombers terrorizing my friends' neighborhoods in Watertown, Salty D. and I ordered Chinese food and watched Finding Nemo.
Two grown ups, no kids around, quietly watching Finding Nemo.
It's a really good movie. I adopted Dory's "Just keep swimming" song this week as my own motto. In a world gone mad, just keep swimming.
This weekend promises to be full of excitement. Here's what's going on:
- Attending a Weight Watchers meeting
- Eating a lot of pizza after the meeting, because I have points left and I'm freaking hungry
- Watching the Duck Dynasty season finale
- Working on setting up my will
- Supervising my mentally deficient brother in his job as my landscaper
- Dragging shit to the compost center
- Shopping for cheap clothes that fit my changing body
- Eating at a Chipotle for the first time ever
Are you dazzled by these plans? Oh, there's even more fun on the schedule that will just have to stay offline.
It's good to have lists and get shit done, to just keep swimming.